VD9: How To Boost Your Sales Using Instagram
If you can’t see video above, click here: http://youtu.be/Maeos0LzQRk
Instagram was named “King of Social Media Engagement” by a Forrester research.
[Tweet “More people are willing to buy and engage with brands on Instagram than any other social media platforms.”]
One of the challenges when using Instagram is that photos do not directly drive traffic to your site. A brand must generate enough interest for users to click on their profile. Ironing out your Instagram marketing strategy is important.
[Tweet “Watch this video, for tips on how to boost your sales via Instagram. “]
1) Pick a theme & schedule your pics:
- It is important to extend your brand story through visual language.
- Choosing a few themes which complement your brand narrative will help you post pictures that add value to your messaging.
- Some suggestions of themes include travel, behind the scenes, inspirational or lifestyle. It’s important to not make it all about your product or take too many selfies.
- Next, schedule your pics ahead of time – use an app like lategram.me and scatter your post to twice a day.
- Consistency is key when looking to engage with your audience.
- Finally, make sure to re-post and interact with your audience.
2) Integrate Instagram within your site
- It’s been proven that people feel more comfortable buying when they see others have already purchased from you. It helps generate trust.
- Additionally, users like to see how garments or products have been used by others.
- Social Photos & Tag Tray are 2 apps you can easily integrate within WordPress / Squarespace / Shopify and BigCommerce sites.
3) Run a contest
- Contests are a great way to engage your audience but the challenge is to make it compelling enough. Additionally, you need to make the price appealing enough.
- Providing a 20% discount to your e-commerce store won’t work. I encourage you read other brand’s case studies to understand effective marketing strategies, like Beardbrand’s success story.
- Tools to use include: Iconosquare.com or Gleam.io
Give your audience a reason to follow you. Do not get discouraged and feed a steady picture stream for at least three months.
Thanks for watching!