VD16: Finding Sponsors For Your Event
If you can’t see the video, click here http://youtu.be/d4k9GIeif_4
Brands are approached every day to sponsor events. When finding sponsors for your event, it’s important to be prepared and layout a plan showing the brand what they are going to get from sponsoring you. Here are some tips to help you find sponsors for your event:
1. You need to have an audience – in order to get a brands attention for sponsorship you need to have an audience to share the message with. You should really have an audience of at least 10,000 followers through your Facebook page or a mailing list. If you don’t have an audience yet, check out my tips on how to grow an audience from scratch.
2. Put together a proposal – I recommend putting together a three page proposal with the following information:
- Page 1: Event Details – include a description of the event, the location, date, etc. Explain why your event is unique and why you need sponsors.
- Page 2: Information about your audience – who is your demographic and who does the event appeal to? Get specific here and include all the relevant details. Make it clear that your audience is a good fit for them.
- Page 3: Sponsorship packages – think of this like a menu at a restaurant where you have different options for different deliverables. Use an app like Sponseasy to help put together your packages and proposal.
3. Get in-kind donations instead of money – In-kind donations are products or services, which are a lot easier to procure than funds. Taking this route gives you the opportunity to build a relationship with the sponsor. Next time you are making an ask it will be easier because they will know you first hand.
Receive bi-monthly updates on how you can grow your business by signing-up to my newsletter: http://ow.ly/xBTlI