VD20: E commerce tips to boost your holiday sales
If you can’t see video above, click here http://youtu.be/QnE84MOdbZY
The holiday season is fast approaching, and retail traffic is starting to boom. A lot of consumers are turning to online stores to avoid lines and busy malls, presenting you with a huge opportunity as an e-commerce business to boost your sales.
Here are a few tips to make the most of the 2014 holiday shopping season:
1. Go Mobile – most holiday shoppers are shopping on their mobile devices, even when they’re at home! This means it is more important than ever to have a mobile optimized site. Most e-commerce platforms have responsive templates, so make the switch to one ASAP if you haven’t already.
2. Invest in mobile ads – You can purchase Google shopping ads to show up in the product ads section of Google search results. Your ad will appear with your product image, price and a link to your site. You only pay for the individuals clicking your link and going to your site, so it’s a fairly inexpensive way to make your product more discoverable.
3. Include Buy Now Option in Instagram – individuals are more likely to interact with brands on Instagram than on other social networks. Until recently, it has been difficult to take advantage of that interaction because you can’t link on Instagram photos. Apps like Soldsie and Like2Buy are changing the game though, allowing users to make purchases right from their Instagram feeds.
A few other tips to keep your customers happy:
- Include a freebie in your packages
- Include free shipping and tell your customers about shipping deadlines
- Create a kick ass marketing campaign and post content daily starting November 1st
If you want more tips on how to create a campaign that will boost your sales and make this your most lucrative holiday season yet, sign up to receive 30 Days of Holiday Sales Tips.