EP#36: Strategies to penetrate the european market w Onika Simon
The power of e-commerce lies in equipping your business with the ability to tap into global markets. Did you know that you can dramatically extend your business reach simply by taking steps like tapping into new geographic locations? That being said, putting this awareness into practice is much easier said than done. It takes time, dedication, and knowledge of each chosen market.
This podcast specifically focuses on how to secure opportunities in Europe – countries like Germany, the UK, Spain and Italy have each witnessed e-commerce retail up-growth trends these past few years, despite the challenging economic recession. Europe can be a tricky market to enter due to aspects like the multiple language barriers, and taxes to name a few.
I invited Onika Simon, director of Spokehub to discuss what it takes to enter the European market in today’s competitive sphere. Spokehub is a strategic, creative agency based in Berlin, Germany. Onika and I first met during Art Basel Miami when a friend we both had in common introduced us. We found that we had a lot of similar interests and as a result, immediately clicked. Onika and I both have a digital advertising background and lived in Berlin as well as New York City for a while.
[Tweet “Making sure your business has a clear mission statement is key in e-commerce @SpokeHubNow”]
As the director of Spokehub, Onika has over 13 years of digital strategy experience and has worked on accounts for Adidas, Levi’s, Red Bull and Samsung. So needless to say, I was interested to get her perspective on the difference between the US and European markets.
In this podcast you will learn:
- All about Onika Simon’s personal story and which factors led her towards the concept behind Spokehub.
- The main differences between European and American e-commerce markets, along with tips on how you can target these demographics.
- Top business tips for start-ups looking to establish an international following in both Europe and the US.
- Learn how to tailor your business and embrace different cultures in order to achieve long-term e-commerce success.
- Hear about existing brands that have already achieved an impacting global presence, and how you can expand on your own business accomplishments.
[buzzsprout episode=’239725′ player=’true’]