EP#48: Why the Philippines is an overlooked market full of business opportunities w. Danella Yujuico Yaptinchay
When thinking about the Asian market, what country comes to mind first? I guarantee the answer is China, and mainly it’s because of its size. However, attention is due for other countries in Southeast Asia as well, but they are often overlooked; one of those countries being the Philippines. In today’s episode, I want to focus our attention specifically on the Philippines. The Philippines is not only the third largest English-speaking nation, but it’s also a shopping paradise in Southeast Asia, being composed of a highly skilled workforce.
[Tweet ““Danella Yujuico @hidanella on the Philippines: “A lot of sales happen through social media”””]
For today’s Global Influencer episode, I invited Danella Yujuico Yaptinchay. Danella is the Managing Director at Full Suite, a services company that provides back-end support to small businesses. She is also the co-founder of co.lab, a coworking space in the Philippines that helps nurture its start-up community, and she’s the founder of Homegrown, a media company. Danella is the prime resource for information you need to kick start your research into the potential that the Philippines might have in store for your business, so don’t miss out!
What to expect in today’s episode:
- More background on Danella and her path to becoming a spokesperson for the start-up environment in the Philippines.
- Aside from the dominance of English-speakers, other benefits for opportunistic businesses penetrating the Philippines.
- The growth of the e-commerce industry in the Philippines and which big player brands have entered the market.
- The best tactics, resources, and outlets for businesses to use to test out the market and the overall reception of foreign products in the country.
- Some considerations businesses should have when entering the market and how to overcome some of those challenges.
- Tackling some legal and logistical aspects of marketing your brand in the Philippines that can be outsourced and certain investments to consider to make the process run more smoothly.
[Tweet ““There is a huge need for encouraging growth here in the Philippines @hidanella.””]
For more information on emerging into the Philippine market, check out these links to learn more:
Janette Toral – E-commerce and online market expert:
[buzzsprout episode=’271351′ player=’true’]