EP#52: The Truth about Drop Shipping with Johnny FDK
If you can’t see video above, click here: https://youtu.be/lRgPXdtpx0Q
Today’s episode is a very special one: it marks the one-year anniversary of The Global Influencer podcast! I want to thank you all for the continued support and for tuning in every week. I promise to share my learnings on what it took launching a weekly podcast and video episodes – what worked, what didn’t and more… (Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter to learn more >>)
Now, in celebration of the podcast’s one year mark, I wanted to spice things up a bit. The podcast is also available on Youtube (so you can pick the format you like best). I interviewed and met Johnny FDK, a successful drop shipper living in Chiang Mai, Thailand. While in Thailand, I met many fellow entrepreneurs who promoted the drop shipping lifestyle and its multiple rewards. I also learned Chiang Mai is a hub for many digital nomads, drop shipping entrepreneurs. If you don’t know what drop shipping is – here is link to Wikipedia definition – don’t you love Wikipedia?
[Tweet “With drop shipping you can live a 4-hour work week @ #globalinfluencer #podcast”]
All jokes aside, the skeptic New Yorker in me wanted to learn more about it. Is it really the holy grail of e-commerce? Is it too late to start a drop shipping business? Can you really make serious profits while working a 4 hour week? Johnny revealed the truth about drop shipping in this week’s globalinfluencer podcast. He is the host of the “Travel like a Boss” podcast, author of Life Changes Quick and weekly shares his travel / drop shipping insights on his blog Johnnyfd.com
- How Johnny became involved with drop shipping from Thailand and how it changed his lifestyle.
- The reality of pursuing drop shipping, the work and dedication that goes into it, and the average time frame it takes to get on your feet.
- How to handle the competitors like Amazon and eBay.
- Suggestions for successful drop shipping tactics; what to take advantage of and what to avoid.
- How to establish a niche that’s best for you.
- Tips on certain resources to begin your research when choosing wholesalers.
- The pros and cons to drop shipping, how it compares to affiliate marketing, and advice for people who are on the brink of giving up.
Below is link to audio version of this episode if you just want to listen on the go!
[buzzsprout episode=’278701′ player=’true’]
Download & Review this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
Video time stamps:
- 3:00 – Getting Started
- 6:00 – Branding your drop shipping business & how to compete w. Amazon
- 11:00 – Suggestions for successful drop shipping tactics
- 13:15 – Other general advice
12 Weeks in Thailand: The Good Life on the Cheap by Johnny FD
Life Changes Quick by Johnny FD