EP#39: Your guide to compelling copywriting w. Yael Grauer
Good copy, snappy headlines and clever brand positioning can make the world of difference in how your business is perceived by others. In the worlds of advertising and marketing, we’re surrounded by thought-provoking strap lines and insightful articles which appeal to our senses. Great copy needs to not only grab the attention of the reader, but it should also encourage further probing. There is a certain element of story-telling involved with words, along with a variety of different content styles your business can implement in order to project a stronger message. Whether the goal of your business is to inform, educate, promote or increase revenue, understanding the art of what makes exceptional content will enable you to achieve these objectives smoothly.
[Tweet “Consistency is paramount if you want your business to be visible @“]
In today’s episode, I invited freelance writer and editor Yael Grauer to walk us through the steps needed to help your business tell a compelling story. Yael has been featured in various consumer magazines, trade journals, and custom publications, including Experience Life, Men’s Journal, Costco Connection, and Taste for Life to name a few. Her copywriting portfolio is both diverse and impressive, so I was keen to hear some insights from this talented freelancer. Take out your pen and paper and get scribbling guys!
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why Yael chose her path to become a writer, the struggles she encountered in her humble beginnings, and how her freelance career has developed over the years.
- Copywriting master-class tips on how businesses can create more compelling headlines and web content.
- Recommended formulas for writing expert headlines that will entertain your target demographic and encourage them to delve further. Also learn how to brainstorm content ideas and come up with fresh, news-worthy articles.
- Learn tips on where to source the best content inspiration.
- Learn all about blogging and how to format different types of articles depending on the topic, tone and purpose of your articles.
- Understand how to use savvy SEO terms that are specific to your target audience.
- Stellar press release writing hints and tips to help you ‘address the press’ using a clever and professional approach.
- How to capture the attention of reporters and reach out to those within the industry.
[buzzsprout episode=’246836′ player=’true’]