EP#51: Being more productive by doing less with Courtney Carver
Recently, while I was doing research for one of my clients, I stumbled upon a SXSW lecture on minimalism and how it’s changing the realm of entrepreneurship. After listening to the talk, I became intrigued with the concept of doing more by doing less.
In this day and age, we’re constantly being bombarded with new ideas, new strategies, and new approaches to reaching our goals, and as a small business owner, it can be extremely difficult to focus on a few things at a time to enhance your productivity. It’s so easy to become stressed, but we forget how unhealthy a strained lifestyle is and the effect it can have on your health, your relationships, your life, and your business. Instead of feeling overwhelmed and trying to do it all, we need to signify the importance of bootstrapping your business and cutting expenses, all while living a more fulfilling, yet relaxed, life.
[Tweet “All these things we think take away from productivity actually promote it @bemorewithless”]
In today’s Global Influencer episode, I invited Courtney Carver, one of the speakers at this SXSW talk. Courtney is an author and speaker, and the founder of the company Be More with Less. Who better to discuss a minimalism working lifestyle than Courtney? We’ll go over the benefits to minimalism, being more productive by doing less, and how it applies to your business.
Also in today’s episode, we’ll discuss:
- Courtney’s background and what made her change her lifestyle to become a minimalist.
- Steps to take to become a minimalist and tips to start the transition to begin de-cluttering your life.
- How to make the differentiations between busy work and good work, and why it’s important to be selective with what you say “yes” to.
- Why consumers are shifting towards minimalism and de-cluttering, and exactly how much cutting back is involved.
- Recommended resources to learn more about living a more simple lifestyle:
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
[buzzsprout episode=’277457′ player=’true’]